Friday, January 1, 2010

I'm a Beatles Rock Band player now

















I am so happy that I now have Beatles Rock Band Limited Edition Bundle. Santa gave it to me and the Limited Edition Beatles Rock Band is the only way to get a Hofner Bass just like Paul McCartney plays. I love being Paul and luckily I have teenagers at home I can jam with. I must say, the drums are a bit tricky for me so I am focusing on the bass first. I do switch off between the instruments and singing though.

I was a little disappointed to find that you have to buy John Lennon's Rickenbacker and George Harrison's Gretsch guitar controllers separately. Fortunately, I found the Rickenbacker guitar controller at FYE on sale for $79 and with a backstage pass loyalty card and a coupon also, I shaved about $30 off the $99 pricetag. That is better than any price I have seen anywhere so far, so my disappointment with only getting half the Beatles in the bundle is a little better. I still need to pick up the George Harrison Gretsch guitar to have the complete set. I just don't want to shell out another hundred bucks to get one.

IMHO I still think they need a Fab Four edition that includes all four of their instruments and maybe sell a keyboard separately so you can add Billy Preston for the rooftop concert....or maybe a big bag to be Yoko.

I am looking forward to seeing what they will have for the Paul McCartney Rock Band. They are adding tracks from his New York concert to the game. Overall, this is really a wonderful game and I recommend all Beatle-fans get one before they stop selling the limited edition and you can't find the other guitars. This game gets a big McCartney-style thumbs up from me. I haven't had this much fun in ages.

2 comments:

Abigail Rogers said...

You have England listed as one of your interests, perhaps you would like my new blog:
http://picturesofgreatbritain.blogspot.com/

As frequently as possible I will upload various pictures from beauty spots all over Great Britain. Enjoy!

P.S. I love Ayn Rand and the Beatles as well, what a coincidence!

Maroussia said...

It will be great to watch Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Benefit Concert, i have bought tickets from
http://ticketfront.com/event/Rock_&_Roll_Hall_Of_Fame_Benefit_Concert-tickets looking forward to it.